A pamphlet by David T. Wright
September 22, 2001
Why did they do
By DAVID T. WRIGHT
© 2001 WTM Enterprises. All rights reserved.
|If you find this article of value, please send a donation of $2 to TLD. More information appears below.|
Why has America become the target of terrorists? What have Americans done to deserve the death and destruction of September 11?
The fact is that the U.S. government itself engages in terrorism. Now thousands of Americans are dead because the illegal, immoral actions of our politicians have provoked revenge:
1. The U.S. government has killed more than 1 million Iraqis more than half of them children. Thousands of children are dying in Iraq every month from malnutrition and disease caused by an embargo imposed by the United States and by the deliberate destruction of water treatment and electric facilities by U.S. bombing. Both of those terrorist actions are illegal under the Geneva Convention.
2. The U.S. government has killed thousands of Yugoslavs, terror-bombing civilian targets including passenger trains, bridges, TV and radio stations, government buildings, and food markets, for 78 days in 1999. Those terrorist actions are illegal under the Geneva Convention.
3. Depleted-uranium anti-tank shells fired by U.S. A-10 attack planes have spread cancer-causing radioactive contamination indiscriminately around Yugoslavia, including population centers.
4. The U.S. government illegally arms, trains, and protects Albanian guerrillas who have cold-bloodedly murdered hundreds of Serbian and Macedonian civilians, and "ethnically cleansed" thousands more from their ancient homelands. Those U.S.-supported terrorists have destroyed hundreds of ancient Christian churches, monasteries, and other structures. They also engage in narcotics trafficking and forced prostitution.
5. The U.S. government illegally bombed a Sudanese pharmaceutical factory on the eve of Monica Lewinsky's appearance before the Clinton grand jury. The strike destroyed that country's only indigenous source of medicines and agricultural chemicals. U.S. officials said the factory made poison gas. That was utterly false.
6. The U.S. government continues to support Israel as it destroys the Palestinian people and their homes, using U.S.-supplied arms and equipment and billions of dollars in U.S. aid:
Israeli forces arbitrarily shoot and kill unarmed Palestinian civilians many of them children nearly every day. They even fire on ambulances attempting to evacuate wounded. Israeli soldiers at checkpoints also deliberately delay people attempting to get to emergency rooms, causing many deaths. All of those actions are illegal under the Geneva Convention.
Israel continues to build settlements on stolen, occupied land belonging to Palestinians, in both the West Bank and Gaza even though thousands of the new housing units remain empty. Building settlements on occupied land is illegal under the Geneva Convention and under international agreements the Israelis have signed.
The Israeli army bulldozes the houses of hundreds of innocent civilians in the dead of night, usually with only 15 minutes of warning. They also bulldoze olive groves which take 100 years to become productive as well as orchards and other farmland. No compensation is offered for that callous destruction of private property. That terrorism is illegal under the Geneva Convention.
None of those illegal, terrorist acts committed in our name has anything to do with defending America.
Our politicians order terror-bombing and support state-sponsored terrorism in other countries.
Our politicians use our hard-earned tax dollars to kill innocent people around the world. But it is we ordinary Americans and our children who now pay the heavy price for their crimes.
This version © 2001 by
All rights reserved.
If you found this article to be interesting, please donate to our cause. You should make your check or m.o. payable in U.S. dollars to WTM Enterprises and send it to:
P.O. Box 224
Roanoke, IN 46783
Thanks for helping to assure a future for TLD!
Notice to visitors who came straight to this document from off site: You are deep in The Last Ditch. You should check out our home page and table of contents.